1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 tbsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup milk (more if needed)
- Melt butter and set it aside
- Add milk and vanilla to sugar to form a syrup.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.
- Make a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients and add syrup and butter and slowly fold together to form a dough.
- Flour your clean counter surface and knead for 5 mins, roll out into 1/8 inch thick, cut dough into 4 inch circles or squares, place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- A knife inserted should come out clean.
I substituted the milk for water because the milk gives a richer flavour. Also, if you find that the liquid isn't enough, add more one tablespoon at a time until your dough is formed.
Have fun making it!
2 tbsp grated ginger root (add more for stronger ginger flavor)